A Single Send Campaign is Feathr's base-level Email Marketing tool. It allows you to import a contact list, design an email template, send the email to your list, and monitor the metrics of your email. Additionally, as your audience interacts with your email, your Feathr Super Pixel gathers that engagement data and makes it available to utilize for Retargeting Campaigns in the form of Groups.
This article walks through each step in the Single Send campaign wizard to show you how to build and launch a Single Send Campaign. Before you can launch a campaign, you'll need to create a Group based on email address. Learn how to import email data in this article.
Create a Single Send Campaign
1. Click '+Add Campaign' from the Campaign table or from a Flight
2. Select Single Send Campaign
3. Give the campaign a descriptive Name and select your Send Date and Time. A Single Send Campaign is true to its name; it is a single send to one email list of one email. For more triggered timing of email marketing, look into our Smart Send and Auto Send campaigns.
4. Add a verified Email Address to send the email message from. If your email address has not yet been verified, follow the simple prompts or refer to this article. Complete the Sender Info, which will be automatically included at the bottom of each email. If your account has already added an email sending domain, you will not need to complete any additional steps to verify your sender address.
5. Select your Audience. Your audience for an email campaign is the list of contacts you want to email. In any Feathr email campaign, you can choose Groups and/or import a contact list directly. A Group is a set of your total audience either 1) filtered by behavior(s) your Super Pixel has tracked, or 2) a previous contact list import. Read more about Groups here.
You may also import a contact list in the Audience step of the campaign wizard. Read more about importing contacts here.
Important note: Feathr processes your email audience 24 hours before the scheduled send time. Because of this, any imports added within 24 hours prior to your send will not get included in the email send. We strongly recommend drafting your entire campaign, including—its complete audience—more than 24 hours before the time you'd like to send it.
While considering your audience, understand that email campaigns sent through Feathr will automatically exclude certain groups of contacts. These are people who have:
- Previously hard bounced (couldn't receive a previous email from the Feathr user because of a permanent issue, like their email address being invalid or expired, or because of the email recipient's server blocking the message)
- Marked any previous email as spam
- Soft bounced 5 times (couldn't receive a previous email because of some temporary issue like the recipient's mailbox being full, improperly configured, or not able to process the email because of it being too large)
This will improve the deliverability and long term-performance of email campaigns by ensuring that "low quality" contacts do not get sent emails.
6. Add a Subject Line and Template. You may also choose preview text, which displays along with the subject line in many email clients. This will make up the content of your email. Read how to create a template here.
7. Chose conversion tracking mode. Read more about goals and conversion tracking here.
8. Test that your email campaign works and looks as expected. It will take 5-10 minutes to arrive.
9. Review your campaign details and Publish.
Does Feathr include my contact information and unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email, and how do I edit?
The contact information from the campaign Sender Info, along with a link to update email preferences is automatically included at the bottom of each email. Send a test email to yourself from Step 6 of the campaign wizard to preview the text (it will not appear in the template Preview).
Edit your Sender Info in Step 2 of the campaign wizard.