This guide provides step-by-step instructions to place a Feathr Super Pixel using Google Tag Manager (GTM). Feathr Data Services customers can also use this guide to implement Google Tag Manager before inviting our implementation team to capture your custom data.
How to Create a Google Tag Manager (GTM) Container
- Sign in to or create a Google account: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
- Access the GTM platform at https://tagmanager.google.com/#/home
- Click Create Account in the top right corner, and fill out the fields as follows:
- Account Name: Your organization's name + Feathr
- Container Name: The website(s) or related Event(s) where you want the pixel to be placed (e.g. www.feathr.co).
- Where to use Container: Select Web.
- Click Create.
- Click Yes to agree to Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement.
3. *Important: As indicated by the instructions, this piece of code needs to be placed within the <head> tag on every page of your website(s), including registration pages, where you'd like the Super Pixel to track.
You can either copy/paste both pieces of code into a text editor, such as Notepad for Windows, or TextEdit for Mac, and send the files to your Web Developer. Or, you can copy/paste the code yourself in your website headers.
If you have Feathr Data Services, read this article for your next steps.
How to place the Feathr Super Pixel into a new GTM tag
- Login to your Feathr account.
- Navigate to Data and then click </> Super Pixel.
- Click Copy to Clipboard to copy entire Super Pixel.
In Google Tag Manager:
- Click 'Accounts' and select your account.
- Select 'New Tag' from the Overview or Tags section.
- Choose 'Custom HTML Tag' from the options.
- Paste your Feathr Super Pixel (copied from your Feathr account) in the HTML input area.
- Set the tag to fire on 'All Pages'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button, located in the upper right corner of the Overview section.
- Add a descriptive version name and then click the ‘Publish’ button.
Congratulations! You've now placed your Feathr Super Pixel across your site(s). Have your registration vendors repeat this same process if using GTM to track registration conversion data.