Last Updated 7/17/18.
WordPress is a versatile tool for different types of websites. In this article, we're focusing on the Business plan version of WordPress, as this gives you the most customization and tracking capabilities. Below are two different options of placing the Super Pixel on your WordPress site; both track your site visitors' actions to pull into Feathr.
*Note: In order to place the Super Pixel, you must purchase the Business version of WordPress, as it's the only one that allows custom HTML to be added.
Option 1: How to Add the Super Pixel to Your WordPress Site Using an HTML Widget
- Login to Feathr and click on 'Super Pixel' in the left side panel.
- Copy the entire Super Pixel to your clipboard.
- Login to your WordPress account.
- Next, you'll need to add an HTML widget to your site in order to place the Pixel.
- In WordPress, go to 'My Sites', click 'Customize', then click '+ Add a Widget'.
6. Use the search field to search for "Custom HTML" and click on the Widget to add it once you find it.
7. Enter the title of the HTML Widget (we recommend naming it "Feathr Super Pixel"), and paste the Super Pixel into the HTML content of the Widget.
8. When you're done, click 'Save and Publish' to add the Custom HTML Widget to your site.
Option 2: Place the Super Pixel on WordPress Using Google Tag Manager
If you're already using Google Tag Manager, you can use that code on your WordPress site to track your site visitors. Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- Login to your Feathr account.
- Navigate to the 'Super Pixel' section in the left side panel.
- Copy your entire Super Pixel.
In Google Tag Manager
- Click 'Accounts' and select your account.
- Click 'Tags' from the Navigation menu.
- Select 'New Tag' from the Overview or Tags section.
- Choose 'Custom HTML Tag' from the options.
- Paste your Feathr Super Pixel (copied from your Feathr account) in the HTML input area.
- Press 'Continue' (there are no advanced settings necessary).
- Set the tag to fire on 'All Pages'.
- Click 'Create Tag' and publish your changes.
- You'll be provided with a code to place on your WordPress site. Copy the entire code.
- Go to 'My Sites', click 'Customize', then click "+ Add a Widget."
- Use the search field to search for "Custom HTML" and click on the Widget to add it once you find it.
- Enter the title of the HTML Widget (we recommend naming it "GTM"), and paste the copied code into the HTML content of the Widget.
- Tags in Google Tag Manager will not go live until you publish the container. Go back to the Google Tag Manager dashboard and then click on the 'Publish' button.