Last Updated 7/24/2018.
If you've set up your Sprinkle and/or Update functions to pull in custom data, you can now see which fields and values are being passed through into your account under the Manage Custom Data button. This tool is useful for identifying the fields you can build segments upon. In order to track custom data, you first need to set up your Super Pixel using the Sprinkle and/or Update functions. Read more about setting up your Super Pixel and configuring your custom data here.
Along with People data, you can now manage your Partner Custom data. Custom fields that were added to Partners either manually or through an import will be accessible through the Manage Custom Data tool.
Managing Custom Data
1. Navigate to the Explore Dashboard, via the 'Explore' tab on the left side panel.
2. Click on 'Manage Custom Data' next to the Import Data tool.
3. Select either Activity, Attribute, or Partner Data to see the data that's pulling in through your Sprinkle/Update functions or from your Partner Imports. You will see the field names of the Activity, Attribute, or Partner data.
4. Click on 'Show Values' to see the first ten values and the number of occurrences of each value.
Any new Activity, Attribute, or Partner custom data value that's added will be pulled into this table.
Renaming a Custom Data Field
If you need to rename a custom field, it's easy to do so.
1. Click on the drop down arrow next to the field you want to rename.
2. Once you click 'Rename', type in the new name of the field, then click 'Save'.
3. You'll see the new name of the field you just saved in the list of fields.
Merging Custom Data Fields
If you have two similar fields or want to combine a repeated field into one, you can merge them together. Note: This action cannot be undone, so make sure this is what you want to do!
1. Click on the drop down arrow next to the field you want to merge.
2. Select the other Custom Data Field you want to merge into the field you just selected. This means the field you are currently editing will be the remaining field.
Note: You can only merge Custom Data Fields with other Custom Data Fields, not to any default Fields that appear in Feathr.
3. Once you've selected the Custom Data Field that you want to merge with the current field, click 'Merge'.
4. Once you've selected Merge, a popup message should appear. It can take up to 30 minutes for the fields to merge. Once that's done, the field you selected will disappear, and the data associated with it will move into the Merged Field.
What are these other fields in my Attribute data that I know aren't coming from the custom Update function?
If you have uploaded an email list with Custom Data (aka custom column headers), then that data also pulls into this section. When you upload an email list with other field names like "Registration Type," or "Favorite Color," those will also appear in under the Custom Data section.
How do I know if my Custom Data is pulling in correctly?
Checking the fields under the Manage Custom Data section is a great way to see if your fields/data are pulling in properly. If you don't see your data, make sure you followed the Super Pixel implementation instructions correctly. Then you can reach out to your Customer Success Manager to double check on your pixel if you need further help.