Last Updated 6/15/18.
Feathr allows users to export their Segments as a Excel file to easily view the members of that Segment all in one place. Exporting your Segment as a spreadsheet also allows you to filter your Segment members based on the attributes or activity that you are looking for. Read on to learn how to export a Segment.
How To Export a Segment
1. Navigate to the 'Segments' section found on the left navigation pane.
2. Find and click into your Segment.
3. Navigate to the 'Exports' tab and click '+ New Export'.
4. Select the information that you would like to include in the export by selecting it from the 'Fields' dropdown menu.
5. Click 'Start'. You'll see a popup in the bottom left corner that notifies you that your export has begun processing. You will receive an email when your export is complete. You can also refresh the page, as the export usually doesn't take too long.
Note: Segment Exports can take up to 10 minutes depending on the size of the segment.
6. Once the export is complete, click 'Download'. Your segment will be exported as a spreadsheet.
Why am I being shown a different number of People in my export than in my segment?
The number of People that Feathr reports are in your segment is an approximation. Because these numbers are based on cookies, it is common to either have more or less people actually in the segment. One person can have more than one cookie associated with them, causing your export to have fewer People than your segment. Cookies can also be shared, causing your export to have more People. If you feel that the numbers differ by an unreasonable amount, please reach out to [email protected] or your dedicated Customer Success Manager.