Last updated: 10/2/18
The following guide outlines the suggested sequence that should be followed for Feathr training and gives you links to various relevant help articles that go into more detail on each subject.
Step 1: Data Implementation
The first step to using Feathr is implementing the Feathr Super Pixel. The Super Pixel is what allows you to capture information about your site visitors when they land on your website(s). Your unique Super Pixel, found in your account, should be used across all of your digital properties, including your registration pages.
For Advanced Segmentation:
- Talk with your Customer Success Manager about using Google Tag Manager to implement your Super Pixel and track additional custom data.
- Have your Registration Vendor place Google Tag Manager on your registration pages.
For standard Web Analytics:
- Follow the directions found in How to Add the Super Pixel to Your Site. Add the Super Pixel to all of your digital properties that you wish to track.
- Be sure to send your Super Pixel to your Registration Vendor to place on your registration pages, so you can track conversions. See this list of Registration Vendors to see if the Super Pixel is supported or if there are any special requirements.
For All Customers:
Step 2: Filtering and Building Segments
Segmentation allows you to combine specific groups of people that you can target with campaigns and drive them to perform specific actions.
- Common Segments Examples
- Best Practices Building Segments using Filters
- More resources are available in the Segments Collection of the Help Desk
Step 3: Flight Ad Campaigns
Once you've built the Segments you want to track and target, you can launch Ad Campaigns to drive the desired behavior of your users.
- Exclude your Goal Segment from Seeing Ads
- Selecting the right Exposure Intensity & Strategy for your Campaign
- More resources are available in the Campaigns Collection of the Help Desk
Step 4: Build an Invite Campaign
Take advantage of all that Feathr has to offer and build Invite Pages, Banners, or Emails to get your exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers to promote their participation at your event.
Read the Invite Campaign Training Guide for all of the steps of creating Invite templates and adding them to Invite Campaigns.
If you've followed all of the steps above, you're off to a great start! Each step is critical to ensuring you get the most value out of Feathr. Be sure to check in with your Customer Success Manager to work on strategy and best practices for all of your activity in Feathr!
Check out the rest of the Feathr Help Desk for more helpful articles.