Last Updated 9/13/2018.
The Message Partners tool is used to send an email blast to your Partners. You can also use this tool to generate and send a Dashboard Link to your Partners. The dashboard link is used to allow partners to self-supply details about themselves, like their current logo or a description of what they do. This will be used to populate their Partner Invite Page. The Dashboard Link is also used to update Partners on the progress/engagement/statistics of their Invite Pages, after they are already promoting them. It shows their unique views, conversions, and conversion rate.
*Note: You must already have created your Invite Page in order to send out the dashboard link.
How to Send the Dashboard Link
- Login to Feathr and select 'Message Partners' from the left side panel. This will take you to the Message Configuration section.
- Select 'New Message'.
Composing Your Message
- Name your message and select the Event from the Event dropdown that your partners' are associated with.
Who Do You Want To Message?
- Choose the Partners that you want to message. Select a group of Partners by selecting the tag name associated with their import using the Partner Tag dropdown. You can also select individual partners by finding them under the Partners dropdown.
What Do You Want To Say?
- Type the email address of whichever person at your company you want the message to come from. This should be a real email address, as any responses from the recipients will be sent here.
- Type the From Name. This is the "Friendly" component of the email sender. Shows as the name in email inboxes. Use either your personal name or a recognizable company name.
- Create a subject for your message: something simple with the name of the event. We recommend highlighting the materials inside the email.
- The body of the message is a template that you can use as is, but we recommend customizing it with your logo and images, and additional information. Feel free to write whatever suits your needs. If you want to include custom variables, be sure to select the Merge Tags dropdown in a text box, so their unique data populates correctly. The potential variables are available below.
Note: Each button used in the template, links to the respective Partner's Dashboard.
Note: Templates can be modified to include any information you wish.
5. When Do You Want To Send It?
You have the ability to choose when you want your message to be sent to your Partners. Messages can go out immediately or scheduled for later.
6. Don't forget to Publish
- If you are happy with the results, you can click "Publish" in the top right corner and your recipients will now receive your email!
Tip: We recommend creating a test Partner and including your own email in the Partner Contact section. Then you can send yourself a test message through the Message Partners tool so you can see the final results, before sending to the rest of your Partners.
How do I know my email to my Partner sent?
You will see a blue popup box appear after you hit send, that tallies up the messages sent. It will tell you if there were any errors. Additionally, you can check out your Activity Stream on the Dashboard page of Feathr to see who received, opened, or clicked their email.
Can I send out the dashboard links myself?
Yes, of course! You can export a Partner list of all of your Partners and their Invite Page and Dashboard Links, so that you can send them out manually. Click here to learn how to export your Partner Lists.