Last Updated 6/4/2018.
When you launch a campaign, you most likely have a conversion Goal set--typically it's something like 'Registered Attendees' or 'Brochure Download'. This will track your conversions as users complete the Goal and become a part of the conversion segment.
Once your users complete the Goal, you can prevent them from seeing any further ads that relate to that campaign. You don't want to continue telling someone to buy a ticket or download a brochure if they've already done it! Follow the instructions below to learn how to exclude your conversion segment users from seeing any ads once they complete the conversion Goal.
First, Make Sure you Have a Conversion Segment Created
- Your Conversion Segment should be the Segment that a user joins for the first time when they complete the desired action your campaign is driving.
- For example, for a 'Registered Attendee' segment, you'd identify the final URL that someone lands on when they complete registering for your event. That would be used as your Conversion Goal in your campaign.
How to Exclude your Conversions from Seeing Further Ads once they Complete the Goal
1. Find (or create) your campaign, and go to the Target section.
2. Add your Conversion Segment as a Targeted Segment. Then, select the Details drop down and uncheck the Included box.
3. You'll see that the Status of the Segment has changed to Excluded. This will prevent anyone who becomes part of that Segment from seeing further ads.
Why and when should I exclude targets from my Campaigns?
You don't necessarily have to exclude any targets from your campaigns; it's ultimately up to you. However, if you want to prevent those users who have completed the Goal of the campaign from seeing any further ads, you should exclude the conversion Goal segment from the campaign. That way, once they complete the Goal, the campaign will know to no longer show them ads.