Last Updated: 05/16/2019.
We recommend creating separate Events in Feathr for events like annual conferences or marketing tactics like membership engagement, in order to keep campaigns organized and reporting consistent. Read below to learn how to create and set up a new Event in your Feathr account. If you do not see the New Event button described below, reach out to [email protected] or your Customer Success Manager.
How to Create a New Event
- Navigate to the 'Events' section on the left side panel of Feathr.
- Click 'New Event' in the top right corner.
3. This will take you to a New Event Modal to complete three sections: Event Info, Billing, and Segments.
4. Event Info
- Name your event. If it's an actual event, like a conference, use the name of the event. If this event is going to be used for monetization campaigns, for example, you can name it "Monetization."
- Start Date & End Date. Enter the start and end dates of your event. If you're using this event seat for monetization or membership campaigns year-round, then you can put today's date as the start date, and one year later as the end date.
5. Billing Info
- Bill to name. Enter the name you wish to appear on the invoices we generate for this event. This can be the name of the Feathr user, the event description, or any name that will help your fiscal team process the invoice.
- Email. Enter the email address of the person who should receive the invoices. Note, each invoice will also be viewable and downloadable by Feathr users.
6. Segments (optional)
- Full Segment. First, select your 'Full Segment', which should be all traffic to your main or event website. If you haven't created your full Segment yet, you can click the '+ Create Segment' button to build it.
Remember, your Full Segment should contain all of your site traffic, so you'll most likely want to use "Audience Activity > URL > Starts with > Website"
- Registered Segment. Next, select your Registered Segment. Again, if you haven't created this Segment yet, you can click the '+ Create Segment' button to the right, and build it there.
Your Registered (or Converted) segment could be everyone who registered for your event, new members, or any other conversion activity.
*Note: you will be able to submit your Event without either Segment, but it's important to include these because they are used to calculate Conversions, Segment Growth, and ROI when running reports.
7. Click 'Submit' when you're done. You'll then see a message in the bottom left corner of your page that says "Your Event was successfully created". You will need to refresh the page for your Event tile to appear.
You're almost done! There are a few more steps before you can get started marketing your new Event.
8. Before you can launch campaigns, you'll need to add a payment method to the Event. Access the Billing settings by clicking the Event Settings cog in the top right corner.
9. You can also click the Event Settings cog in the top right corner to make changes to your Event Information.
10. Here, you can see your Event Logo, Name, Start and End Dates, Full and Registered Segments, and Page domains (if applicable). If you make any changes, don't forget to click 'Save Changes' in the top right corner!
When will I be billed?
After you've added a payment method and begun running campaigns, you will be billed monthly for the duration of your campaign(s).
Why don't I have an "Add Event" button?
You may not have an Add Event button if you didn't pay for any additional seats in your contract. If not, don't worry! You can reach out to your Feathr Account Executive or your Customer Success Manager to add on more Events. We can get you set up right away.