Last Updated 7/17/2018.
Disclaimer: No one from Feathr will ever ask you to share Facebook login information. The Facebook Integration works by giving Feathr permission to act on behalf of a user. Your username and password are only ever seen or handled by Facebook.
Before integrating your Feathr account with a Facebook account it is very important to first organize your Facebook ad accounts. Only one Facebook ad account can be authorized to run Facebook campaigns through a Feathr account so, for example, if you run multiple events and each event has a unique Facebook page you first need to ensure that a single ad account has admin permissions to each of those event pages.
Follow the steps below to organize your Facebook permissions:
1. Choose the Facebook account you’ll be authenticating in Feathr. You’ll need to choose a single account to give the necessary permissions to. This can either be an existing Facebook account/user or a new one.
2. Give admin permissions to all relevant Facebook Pages and Facebook Ad Accounts you will be serving ads through. Let’s start with giving the chosen Facebook account admin permission to all the Facebook Pages that you plan to use in your marketing.
If the chosen account doesn’t already have admin access to the page, an admin or owner of the page will have to give it admin access by doing the following (here's Facebook's article for reference):
- Click 'Settings' at the top of your Page.
- Click 'Page Roles' in the left column.
- Type the name or email address of our chosen account in the box:
- If the chosen account person is the Facebook friend of the admin/owner of the page, begin typing their name and select them from the list that appears.
- If the chosen account isn't the Facebook friend of the admin/owner, type the email address associated with the chosen Facebook account.
- Click 'Editor' to select a role from the dropdown menu.
- Click 'Save' and enter your password to confirm.
3. Give the same account admin permission to all relevant Ad Accounts. Technically speaking, every single Facebook User has an Ad Account. If you don’t recall ever “making” an Ad Account, then you’re using the automatically created one associated with a personal account. Simply follow the instructions below for the Ad Accounts you’re using in your company:
- Go to your Account Settings in Ads Manager. You may be asked to re-enter your password.
- Scroll to the 'Ad Account Roles' section.
- Click 'Add People' and then enter the name or email address of the person you want to give access to.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose their role and then click 'Submit'. The person you add will immediately have access to your ad account according to the role you chose for them.
4. Connect this the chosen account with Feathr by going to Feathr's Settings, and clicking Facebook under "Integrations".
5. Click the 'Connect With Facebook' button.
Make sure the account information you use to authenticate Facebook in Feathr is the login information for the Facebook account you chose to be the designated account in the first step.