Last updated: 9/6/18
Facebook Campaigns allow you to target your Feathr Segments directly on Facebook.
Follow the steps below to learn how to launch a Facebook Campaign.
Confirm you're correctly set up to run Facebook Campaigns
Before you get started launching your Facebook campaign, make sure you've completed the following:
- You must designate one Feathr user as to be the Facebook admin. It is recommended to only have one admin at a time. Contact [email protected] to assign your admin.
- This article outlines the steps needed to organize your Facebook Ad Account to properly integrate with Feathr.
- Make sure you've set up and verified your Facebook payment.
- Then, you'll need to integrate your Facebook account with Feathr.
- Lastly, you'll need to associate your Facebook event pages with your Event in Feathr.
- You're ready to launch!
How to Launch a Facebook Ad Campaign
- Login to Feathr and click on 'Events' from the left side panel.
- Click on the 'Ad' or 'Monetization' tab, depending on the type of campaign, under the Event you want to launch a Facebook Campaign for.
- Click the blue button that says '+New Facebook Campaign'.
4. This will take you to the Campaign Wizard where you'll fill out your campaign details. The first section is the Campaign Info.
- Campaign Name: Give your campaign a name; something that is clear and makes sense to you.
- Campaign Event: Your campaign's event will already be populated in for you. If you would like to change it, you can find and select the correct event from the dropdown menu.
- Campaign Duration: Select the campaign start and end dates.
- Destination URL: Type or paste the destination URL for where you want the creatives to lead.
Click the 'Target' button at the bottom when you've filled everything out.
5. In the 'Target' section, you select to whom you want to show your ads. Click '+Add Target' to select your targeted segment. You can add as many targeted segments as you like.
To exclude Segments click 'Details' to the righthand side and uncheck 'Include'
After unchecking 'Include' the status of the Segment will change to 'Excluded' like below:
Excluded Segments will not see ads from this campaign. This is ideal for preventing users who have completed Campaign Goals from seeing unnecessary ads directing them to perform an action they've already done. For example, exclude your registered attendees from campaigns where the ad banner directs them to register. Read more about Excluding your Registered Segment here.
Note: You will only be able to target web-based segments (i.e. web traffic). Imported People cannot be used as a target segment.
When you're done, click the 'Exposure' button to move to the next section.
6. The 'Exposure' section is where you put your budget for the campaign. Remember to use only whole integers, no decimals!
When you're done, you can move on to the 'Creatives' step.
7. Click 'Add Creative' to select and add the creative. Once you've added your Creative, you'll need to fill out the text that will show on Facebook.
You should see a preview to the left of what your ad looks like on Facebook.
8. Once you've added and edited your Creatives, click 'Review' to review your campaign and launch it.
9. Click 'Finish' to launch your Facebook campaign! You will see the popup below once you click Finish. The campaign will need to be approved by Facebook and Feathr support, so give it 24 hours to fully ramp up.
10. Review your Facebook campaign. Go back to your Event > Campaigns > Facebook Campaigns. Here you can see your campaign stats.
Note: In order to stay within Facebook rate limits, Feathr updates Facebook campaign stats once per day.
Do I need to add additional Media Budget for Facebook campaigns?
Facebook campaigns are separate from any budget in Feathr. All payment goes directly to Facebook. To set up a Facebook campaign, you will need to verify your Facebook payment method on Facebook Ad account.